Privacy notice - Newsletters and Mailings
It is essential that centres remain updated about the work of Qualifications Wales and therefore The Examiner and/or Slate newsletter(s) will automatically be sent to all primary contacts at awarding bodies, schools and colleges. For clarity, primary contacts are:
- Examiner - Responsible Officers at recognised awarding bodies.
- Slate - Heads of schools, FE College Principals and Exam Officers.
Please note these contacts will automatically receive mailings. If you would like to update the primary contact details at your centre please contact us.
We send newsletters and regular mailings to primary contacts and retain their contact details on our systems for the purposes of supporting our principal aims of:
- ensuring that qualifications, and the Welsh qualification system, are effective for meeting the reasonable needs of learners in Wales;
- promoting public confidence in qualifications and in the Welsh qualification system.
Our lawful basis for retaining this information is to enable us to fulfil our public task as the regulator for the qualifications system in Wales and in order to exercise our official functions under Qualifications Wales Act 2015.
Others may subscribe to either newsletter by clicking on the link on our subscription page.
By subscribing to any of our newsletters or mailing lists you are consenting to us retaining your contact details for the purposes of sending you the newsletter or mailing list to which you have subscribed.
Those who have subscribed to our newsletters or mailings may unsubscribe at any time by clicking on “unsubscribe” at the bottom of the mailing.
Use of a third party provider
We use a third party provider, Click Dimensions to deliver our newsletter. Some information is collected by Click Dimensions about when/if the email was opened and what links were clicked. Qualifications Wales will only use this information to assess the success of the mailing and investigate when we have been alerted that mailings have not been received. It will only be used for the purposes listed above to support our principal aims to assess our engagement with stakeholders. The personal data collected by Click Dimensions is retained securely by Qualifications Wales on our internal systems. For more information, please see Click Dimensions privacy notice.
Subject to some legal exceptions, you have the right to:
- request a copy of the personal information Qualifications Wales holds about you
- to have any inaccuracies corrected
- to have your personal data erased
- to place a restriction on our processing of your data
- to object to processing
- to request your data to be ported (data portability)
To learn more about these rights please see the ICO website.
Please address any such requests to the
Data Protection Officer
Q2 Building, Pencarn Lane,
If you are dissatisfied with our response you can complain to the Information Commissioner's Office