Qualifications Wales will only process your personal data when there is a legal basis to do so under the EU General Data Protection Regulation and UK Data Protection Act 2018.
We are committed to ensuring that your personal data is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place appropriate technical, physical and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect about you. We have third party assurance of our information security systems via the Cyber Essentials Plus certification.
What personal data we collect about you
We may collect personal data about you through the following processes:
- Through collections of learner data from awarding bodies and other public bodies for research and statistical purposes and to perform our function as a regulator;
- Through engagement, research and consultation with our stakeholders;
- When you contact us with an enquiry, complaint, Subject Access Request or Freedom of Information request;
- when you apply for a job with us or if you are a current or former employee;
- When applying for recognition as an awarding body;
- When you visit our website;
- When you subscribe to one of our mailings;
- When visiting our office.
- When entering into a contract for goods or services with us
Qualifications Wales will be the ”Controller” of any personal information that we collect. When we collect personal data from you or about you, our privacy notices will tell you our legal basis for collecting the data, whywe need it, what we do with it, our criteria for how long we keep it and if we need to transfer it to third parties processing data on our behalf .
Freedom of Information
Please note that as a public body, all written information that we hold (including written enquiries) is subject to Freedom of Information requests. We will comply with the Data Protection Act 2018 and GDPR when considering requests made under the Freedom of Information Act.
Subject to some legal exceptions, you have rights to:
- request a copy of the personal information Qualifications Wales holds about you
- to have any inaccuracies corrected
- to have your personal data erased
- to place a restriction on our processing of your data
- to object to processing
- to request your data to be ported (data portability)
To learn more about these rights please see the ICO website.
Please address any such requests to the
QW Data Protection Officer
Q2 Building, Pencarn Lane,
If you are dissatisfied with our response you can complain to the Information Commissioner's Office
Information Commissioner's Office